Air Compressor Installation Guide
Air compressors are the central workhorses of compressed air systems, and it’s essential to select and install them correctly. In this air compressor installation guide, we’ll walk you through the process of purchasing and installing a high-quality air compressor. You’ll also get basic instructions for safe operation and maintenance, then learn how to expand your air compressor’s functionality and achieve maximum productivity.
Air Compressor Installation Guide: Selecting the Right Air Compressor
Determining Your Specific Needs
To find the most suitable air compressor for your application, start by carefully determining your system and workflow requirements. Then, compare them with each air compressor’s specifications. Pay the closest attention to airflow, pressure, tank capacity, and power requirements, and ensure they align with your needs.
- Assess the installation location: Air compressors must have enough space for proper ventilation. Look at the air compressor’s manual for the exact dimensions required to maintain adequate airflow.
- Check electrical requirements and gather tools: Note the device’s electrical requirements and gather the tools needed for installation.
Air Compressor Installation Guide: Installation Process
For safe and efficient operation, use the following steps as a guide to installing your air compressor:
- Unpack the air compressor. Inspect it to ensure it isn’t damaged and it came with all necessary components.
- Assemble the components in the proper sequence according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Securely mount the compressor, heeding the pre installation considerations above (ventilation and electrical requirements).
- Connect the air lines and fittings, ensuring they interface properly.
- Install any regulators, filters, and lubricators. These are usually included. If not, you may need to order them from a compressed air specialist.
- Check for any possible leaks and run a pressure test according to the manual’s instructions.
Air Compressor Installation Guide: Electrical Connections
Understanding Power Requirements
Air compressors come in a range of power requirements. It’s critical to know and match these requirements with the electrical ratings of your workshop or facility. Never use air compressors with electrical systems that don’t meet the compressor’s electrical requirements.
Wiring the Compressor to the Electrical Supply
Wire the air compressor into a suitable electrical supply, following all safety precautions and ensuring the compressor is grounded properly.
Air Compressor Installation Guide: Operating and Maintaining the Air Compressor
Safety Guidelines and Precautions
After testing your air compressor to confirm its basic function, pause and read the safety guidelines. For safe operation and maximum product longevity, the following are particularly important:
- Power-on and -off cycles
- Performing routine maintenance
- Cleaning and replacing filters
- Troubleshooting procedures
Air Compressor Installation Guide: Compressor Accessories and Expansion
Exploring Additional Accessories
Expand your air compressor’s functionality with accessories built to the highest industry standards. Air compressor accessories and air tools can expand versatility, increase capacity, and maximize all-around workload efficiency. Examples include hoses, nozzles, pipes, fittings, air tools, etc.
Air Compressor Installation Guide: Safety Considerations
Guidelines for Safe Usage and Handling
Keep your work area and employees safe by following all safety guidelines. Also, explain these precautions to all who might use the equipment, and always store and dispose of compressed air components properly. Finally, ensure you keep up with regular maintenance.
Air Compressor Services from Compressed Air Systems
If you follow this air compressor installation guide step by step, you’ll be fully prepared to install the most effective air compressor for your company’s needs. When properly installed and equipped with the right accessories, you’ll achieve maximum productivity and ease of use. Since 1963, Compressed Air Systems has continually optimized air compressor technologies and adapted them to our clients’ exact needs.
From our 30,000 and 4,000-square-foot facilities in Tampa, Florida, we provide fast and reliable air compressor services for industries as broad as aerospace, medical, electronics, and food and beverage. If you have any questions about installing an air compressor or would like to request a quote, contact us, and tell our experienced staff about your compressed air system needs.